Sign the Pledge, Protect Your Head
When you wear a helmet, you significantly reduce the risk of head trauma and dental injuries. Sign the pledge by July 29 for your chance to receive a free bike and do your part to protect your head this summer!
Whitewater Oral Surgery Group is encouraging the Boise community to wear a helmet when biking or while engaging in any activity where there is a risk of head trauma. The first 100 people that signed the pledge received a voucher for a free helmet, courtesy of George’s Cycles. We encourage you to sign the pledge and, if we have additional helmets after our pick-up event, we will provide additional vouchers. All pledge signers will also be entered to receive the grand prize, a brand new bike!
The date to pick up your helmet will be on Tuesday, August 3 from 7:30 AM to 5:30 PM at our Boise office (3003 W Main, Ste 130, Boise, ID 83702). We will have a representative from George’s Cycles available throughout the day to ensure the helmet is properly fitted.
*please note, there is a limit of one free helmet per person
Did you know?
- Helmets reduce injuries to the face by 27%.
- The risk of a serious brain injury is lowered by 33% when a child wears a helmet.
- Wearing a helmet reduces the risk of head injuries by at least 45%.
- Bicycle fatalities are 29% less likely to occur when wearing a helmet.
- 88% of high school students reported never or almost never wearing a helmet in a 2013 study.
- Children are more likely to wear helmets when they see others doing so.