Same-Day Dental Implants in Boise, ID
Same-day dental implants, also known as immediate implants, are an excellent treatment for patients undergoing a tooth extraction and who are looking to replace the tooth. This procedure combines tooth extraction with dental implant surgery, saving you time and money. If you need a tooth extracted, contact Whitewater Oral Surgery Group | Dental Implant Experts to see if you qualify for same-day dental implants in Boise, ID. Dr. Kempers, Dr. Nelson, or Dr. Hastings will examine your oral health to determine the right type of tooth restoration to fit your needs.
How Do Same-Day Dental Implants Work?
Same-day implants are the same as traditional implants, except they are placed immediately following tooth extraction. This can only be done if there is enough healthy jaw bone to support the implant. If the jaw bone loss has occurred, we can insert a bone graft to stimulate the growth of new bone. Once the graft has healed, you can return for dental implant placement.
For traditional dental implants, your oral surgeon extracts a tooth and waits for the socket to heal. Then, your surgeon places the implant post and waits several months for the post to integrate with the jaw bone. Once fully healed, you receive the final crown, completing your dental implant treatment.
When you receive a same-day dental implant, you eliminate having to wait for the socket to heal. Instead, the socket and implant heal together, shaving weeks off of the total healing period. As long as there is enough jaw bone, you are likely a good candidate for immediate implants.
Benefits of Same-Day Dental Implants
There are numerous benefits to immediately replacing an extracted tooth with a dental implant, such as:
- A separate dental implant procedure to insert the post is not necessary.
- Same-day implants have the same high success rates as traditional implants.
- Dental implants look and feel just like healthy permanent teeth.
- Dental implants are long-term replacement teeth that can last a lifetime with proper care.
- The overall healing process is much shorter compared to standard extraction and placement treatments.
- If you are missing multiple teeth, you can receive a same-day implant-supported bridge to restore them.
- Dental care is the same for same-day and traditional implants—brush and floss regularly to maintain good oral hygiene.
Tooth Replacement Options Following Extraction
Although adult teeth are meant to last forever, instances arise where they fall out or must be extracted. There are several options to consider if you have an upcoming tooth extraction procedure. Our oral surgeons will help you select the right choice based on your oral health needs and financial situation.
- Same-Day Dental Implant. Your oral surgeon will extract the tooth and insert the implant post in one visit. You do not have to go without a tooth and once the implant has healed, your new tooth will function and look just like a natural tooth. Dental implants are extremely versatile, and you can receive as many implants as you need to restore your smile. If you are in need of a total smile makeover, you may qualify for full-arch restoration. This treatment requires only one surgical visit and provides you with a new, functional row of teeth in one or both arches.
- Socket Preservation. If you plan on replacing the tooth with an implant in the future, we can insert bone grafting material into the empty socket once the tooth has been extracted. The material maintains the shape and size of the tooth socket, making future implant restoration easier and more effective.
- No Restoration. Teeth roots stimulate the jaw, keeping the bone healthy and preserving facial structure. By not replacing a missing tooth, you are susceptible to jaw bone loss, dental shifting, and bite problems.
At Whitewater Oral Surgery Group | Dental Implant Experts, we offer numerous implant-based treatments that are customizable to fit your exact needs. Our office accepts a variety of payment methods and financing options to make oral surgery accessible to more patients. If you need a tooth extracted or would like an oral health examination performed by one of our board-certified experts, contact our office today for a consultation.
Hear From Patients
We Are Here To Help
Whether you’d like to learn more about dental implants or you’re ready to schedule an appointment, contact Whitewater Oral Surgery Group | Dental Implant Experts today. Click any button below to learn more.