April is Oral Cancer Awareness Month. Whitewater Oral Surgery Group is a proud partner of Always April, a national partnership of oral surgery practices across the country that strives to bring oral cancer awareness into a year-round discussion. Our entire team strongly believes in the importance of early detection, and we actively look for signs of oral cancer during patient visits and through patient education.
By the numbers:
- 53,230—The estimated number of people diagnosed with oral cancer in 2020
- 10,750—The estimated number of deaths from oral cancer in 2020
- 2 to 1—From a gender perspective, for decades oral cancer has affected 6 men for every 1 woman. Now the ratio is 2 to 1.
- 81%—When detected early, the 5-year survival rate for oral cancer is about 81%
- 25%—At least 25% of oral cancer victims have no known risk factors.
Screenings take just a few minutes. Schedule your FREE appointment today.DATE: Thursday, March 18, 2021TIME: 1:30 PM to 4:30 PM
LOCATIONSBOISE3003 W Main, Ste 130Boise, ID 83702
TWIN FALLS1502 Locust St NBuilding 400, Ste 103Twin Falls, ID 83301